If your nomination thread is unsuccessful, you must wait a minimum of four months before creating an new thread.
Nomination threads must be made on the Promotions and Demotions category in Discussions.
Provided a nomination thread meets all requirements for the role, the thread will be highlighted and after seven days it will be reviewed. If the thread has the required number of votes the nominated user will be promoted.
Requirements that are "must"s need to be met before a user can be nominated for a position. Creation of a nomination thread without meeting the "must" requirements for the role will cause your thread to be closed. Requirements that are "should"s will ideally be met by nominated user, but are not required.
If the user has been banned in the past they must meet additional requirements.
- Any user may nominate any other user (including themself) for a position. A user who has been nominated by someone else may refuse their nomination thread for any reason
- The moderation team reserves the right to close a nomination thread for any of the following reasons:
- The user does not meet the requirements for the role they have been nominated for;
- The role is already "full" (that is, existing moderators do not need additional help); or
- The moderator team deems the user otherwise unfit for moderator duties.