there is no easy way from the earth to the stars
Vaporwave is my sona, please don't use them without permission first, as they are me. As for editing, please do NOT edit this page in anyway unless it is to add categories, or there is a reason behind it. Which, in that case, please check with me first before editing their page. I can spell check and edit grammar mistakes myself, thank you. They are an attempt at reflecting who I am as a person.
he / they / she • rain x night • artist x writer • hufflepuff x slytherin
"Nothing, nevermind, I was just talking to myself. Or also this one person in this game I'm playing... wait, can you even call them people? They don't exactly have human-like qualities or anything... Oh, nevermind that either. I think I may talk too much." ~ Vaporwave
On an island far north, in the Bay of a Thousand Scales, there lived a small family in a village perched near the shores. In this family there was a rather small dragonet dubbed with the name Vaporwave, although the reasons behind naming them that are unknown. They thought they're life was normal, for everyday is similar in some ways. But they're wrong, for one day, when they were walking in the woods, a group of space pirates came to them, saying they were The Wielder who was going to bring back the color taken from the world by an evil dragon named Saturation.
|Nicknames||vapor / vere / marbles (occasionally) / verglas / ver / verg / verglass|
|Fav Colors||pastel blues / blacks / greys / deary blues / pastel colors / light purples and blues / coral orange / pastel pinks / powder, baby and sky blues|
|Music Tastes||chiptune / video game soundtracks (loves) / electro swing (loves) / chill wave / orchestration / christian / some pop / soft jazz / some vaporwave / steampunk / electronic|
|Main Attribute||unusuality / creativity / ignorance / self-doubt / false confidence / music / hollow knight / integrity / weebness / procrastination / appreciation / patience|
|Elemental Attribute||spilt mercury / eagle feathers / melting candles / dew on leaves / dusty books / ink splatters / falling rain / glass marbles / bambi lesbian flags / pixels / broken pencils / headphones / snake scales / tree bark|
|Theme Animal||harp seal / housecat / scottish terrier|
|Theme Color||soft violets / scarlet / pastel blues / purples / light pinks / sky blue / dusty pinkish-purples / pastel purples / navy|
|Theme Song||night trouble ~ petit biscuit / wolves without teeth ~ the music room / windfall ~ thefatrat|
|Moral Alignment||true neutral|
|Timeline||canon / modern pyrrhia|
|Gender||demiman / biologically female|
|Pronouns||they / them / he / him (goes by any, these are just their prefered pronouns)|
|Orientation||greyromantic pansexual / leaning to bambi lesbian|
|Occupation|| artist wannabe / gamer / student / writer / hollow knight and steven universe |
|Tribe||nightwing / rainwing|
|Goal||better understand themself / complete hollow knight / finally play all the games they enjoy!|
|Residence||island in the bay of a thousand scales / hope (modern)|
|Relatives||euphoria (mother) / tulip (father) / butterscotch (brother) / starseer (grandmother) / fuzz (grandfather) / lucid (grandmother) / herbane (grandfather) / icor (great-grandfather, deceased) / toucan (great-grandmother, deceased)|
|Allies||family / friends|
|Enemies||themself in some cases / butterscotch (sometimes) / saturation|
|Likes||sweets / sugar (both brown and cane) / warmth / pretty aesthetics / understanding things / being done / sleeping / llamas / caravan palace / hollow knight / deltarune / undertale / humorous memes, videos, books and games / video games in general / reading / thefatrat / understanding themself / life / soft furs / scented candles / the colors blue, purple and pastel pink / drama (sometimes) / singing or humming songs they like / writing, drawing and coding / making others happy / bad puns and jokes / talking (mixed feelings) / doing whatever they want when they want / detail / nice, calming music / wandersong / oneshot / random things / happiness / laughter / good vibes / steven universe / plants and animals / chicken / math (in some cases) / adventure, action fantasy novels / doodling random things on pieces of paper / improving their coding and art skills / taking their time / various fruits / hanging out with some friends / gemstones / cool art or coding / sand / ocean and rain ambience / birdsongs / nighttime / storms / darkness / milk chocolate / the cold / winter / amusing characters (lancer, steven universe, padparadscha, spinel etc.) / earthbound / success / violins and flutes (not playing them, just listening to them) / waterfalls / cinematic experiences / gravity falls / dogs and cats / fuzzy blankets / being called by their preferred pronouns (he / they) / pastel colors / black / creative and/or interesting concepts / appreciation and praise.|
|Dislikes||embarrassment / bitter or spicy foods / jarring noises / blinding lights / stereotypes / crying / sadness / spiders / cringy stuff (younger vaporwave) / rap, heavy metal music / annoyances / themself (in some cases) / losing / discrimination of any kind (especially homophobia, transphobia and racism) / itchy feelings / sickness / the curse called sleep / mary or gary sues / unfair characters or treatment / clinginess / animal cruelty / being yelled at / stupid mistakes / social studies / boring subjects / destruction of nature / lack of grammar / computer language / being misunderstood / pity / annoying protagonists / guilt tripping / awkwardness / most of the dragon population / fortnite / roblox / cliched concepts (jma students) / love songs (lame) / being laughed at / bad dragons (like themself) / being treated like a little kid / being looked down upon|
|Powers and abilities||minor scale color changing / imagination / magic pencil that can bring whatever it draws to life / coding|
|Weaknesses||incredibly low self-esteem / self-doubt / not that good at starting conversations with new dragons / works alone / lazy / ignorant and sometimes arrogant and sassy / LOUD / wanders off a lot / zones out a lot too / easily distracted / sometimes clumsy / nervous / lacks true powers / most of the time doesn't look before they leap / has literally no confidence in themself / scared of spiders / doesn't stand up for themself / terrible writing skills / procrastinates,,, a lot / always points out their flaws and doesn't really look on the bright side / horrible attention span if it's something they don't really find interesting / hard on themself|
|Strengths||hollow knight nerd / swift typer / fast walker / forgiving / smart(?) / okay artist and writer / imaginative / a fairly good coder (only in page designing not anything else)|
|Weapons||talons / teeth a little bit / their words mostly / magic pencil|
|Quote||"why do you think i'm capable of anything? all i've ever been is a stupid wuss. just leave me alone."|
This strange dragonet would undoubtedly catch your eye, yet no one casts a second glance on this figure skipping down the roads of Possibility, for what is there to know about them? A grin ripples across their longish snout and to some, bringing an unusual combination of two tribes, NightWings and RainWings, obvious combinations even, although they appears to not have a capability to change the color of their scales all that well and in turn has two main looks, one usually occurring than the other, bright lavishing pink with tinges of purple here and there dappling the scales. In turn, a fine mixture of navy blue runs in and around their bright sky blue eyes, one may say someone would stop and take in their appearance, but to be honest, there is hardly anyone out there that still has respect for hybrids anymore, they wouldn't bother casting them even the bit of a glance if they were to see them down and on the streets.
With this, a vibrant, midnight blue ruff that remains unusually large flops behind their bat-like ears, pink on the inside and, at the tips, almost black although it's possibly just a dark blue. Upon the ruff, you'd notice the speckles of silver stars of all shapes and sizes, running freely across the blue with the occasional dusty pink like a galaxian cluster whirling around the silvery stars. Little blue or in some cases purple dot near the pale sky blue underbelly, having a similar hue to that of their eyes and upon their back, painted in a deeper midnight blue, flat scales swiftly run across their back followed by softly curving spines, which remain either a coarse light blue splotched at the top with a paler purple or will stay a hue similar to that of their ruff, a fondly light midnight blue.
There would also remain, their build, stocky and rather short, Vaporwave is more on their NightWing side when it comes to things like this, a more hunched and slouching spine in a way and with it, slender legs, yet they cease to be long, remaining a good size but short all the same and somewhat thick. They could be considered chubby around the legs, rather instead of being "thick" with muscle, it's fat. Some strange characteristics within their horns, almost like twin boomerangs, scaled pastel blue horns jut upward, curving gently over the head and pointing down their back (this can be shown in Enigma's infobox image) while the scales running down these said horns are a darker midnight blue, similar to that of the dawning sky, fading to the night, an inky blackness.
You may notice their legs, a soft hue of purple fading from the main scales of a tender-light purple-pink to the tips of a dawn purple and, around the arm, a few places down from their elbows, silvery scales like stars, running down the alley, pausing just before this light purple turns to its full extent, this being near their wrist (can be seen on Marbles image to the left). One may look at their tail, long and displaying a good sort of RainWing heritage yet it shows no good when it comes to climbing trees, nor would you ever see them in a tree in the first place, but it remains the same as their main scales, no funky designs like the rest of them, just normal and somewhat "bland."
Eye-seeking, the wings are the most noticeable part of them, auras of deep blues and whirling purples, deep in color, as though the midnight sky itself and, in a snail shell pattern similar to that of Morrowseer, silver stars, scattering the underside, which almost seem to glow a little in the dark if exposed to a lot of sunlight on that same day, around the base near their sky blue underbelly and edges remains darker than that of where the membrane clings to their wing, staying saturated with dusky colors, lighter shades and beautifully mixed well in hues. When it comes to accessories, they always either wear a headband with bone white horns upon them or lightning blue, catear headphones. Their scales, while eye-catching and shimmering, have a certain warmth, while in scent, wet sand, ocean spray and pumpkin spice. Quite an enigma, no?
An elegant dragon appears from the shadows, curvy and flawless in every way, an incredible dragon that everyone longs to see, a savior of the world. Oh, false alarm everybody, it's just Vaporwave, there's literally nothing to see here, might as well go about your daily life without a care in the world. There's nothing special about this dragon, in fact, he's quite bland, flawed in pretty much every way possible. Yep, this is the Vaporwave everyone doesn't know about, the classic introverted dragonet of the future with a magic pencil and nothing of tribal abilities. He may be noticeable of light purplish pink scales rippling in soft hues across his body, but all the same he's just another RainWing / NightWing hybrid. With this, soft intervals of pastel purples rippling in and out upon his neck.
What is there to learn about him? He's just your average dragon with some minor flaws and hardly any strengths. Vaporwave head remains slightly pinker than that of their main scales, followed with innocent light turquoise eyes and strange-looking horns. Most likely the only eye-catching feature of his body is that of his horns, which jut upward instead of behind his head and curve at the end. This makes them appear as though someone took the tips of his horns and bent them backwards. The horns have multiple colors upon them, the most showy part being the scales upon the fronts, fading from a pastelish magenta-purple to a rather deep rosy pink at the tips. This is while the hue of his horns in general, hide behind, remaining a soft purple tinged with light blues, ever so slightly.
Then there is the plated scales around his eyes with fade from a deep purple at the tip of his short snout to a lighter hue of purple around his eyes and tinged magenta much like the tip of his horns near the top corners of his eyes. He can be considered a curious sight, if dragons are into things that are lame, but in a nutshell, Vaporwave is a NightWing with RainWing colors that never change. If looking at his full body and not just the head and shoulders, one may see his galaxian purple socks with stain his paws, climbing up near his elbows, however they fade near the middle of his arms. At the ends, silvery stars swirl in patternless dances, not going too deep into the pastel purples of his legs and paws.
His build is rather lanky, stocky and rather chubby near the legs and he noticeably slouces, shoulders sagging and head held straight in front or downwards at his talons. The hybrid's wings are rather small, but all the same has a showy underside, whorling with pale pastel purples and pinks speckled with silvery stars. With this, there are his small talons remaining a dark purple in color and while short, they're sharp. His legs aren't very long, nor is he considerably tall, but it's enough to go by, one may find his tail quite long, while not prehensile, it still remains long and curvy. In better description, Vaporwave is a short, stocky and slouching dragonet with a typical expression of either a neutral frown or a friendly smile.
The small, half-circle scales the pad gently across his back are of the same color at the tip of his snout, a deep purple much like a dusk sky after sunset. This is followed by complementary pastel purple dots hovering above his underbelly, this, along with that of his upper scales, go all the way to his tail tip. Spines follow through as well, running along his very back, these however don't look all too threatening, having softly curved edges and being short in size. His nose horn is the same as these, simply a wart upon his nose remaining a light bluey pink similar to that of the color upon his horns with a soft pastel purple-pink much like scales upon the horns. This remains the same pattern and coloration for all the spines upon his head and down to scruff of his neck.
A showy ruff, surrounding the his small ears just bursts with color, much like his wings, really, just with a more casual, patternless appearance. Galaxian swirls, like stardust, light pink-purples bleed here and there, along with the usual purple and magenta. The edges curve outward, in short arcs, not having a batlike appearance much like his wings. Having said that, pinprick stars of various sizes pad gently across his ruff, in a silvery white coloration. This is followed by a few minor accessories, mostly that of a dull blue cloak hiding his wings and most of his body. The cloak would be starting at neck and flooding downward, it appears more ragged and as though made up tendrils, the separate from each other near the end.
This can also be followed by bright insect-like wings which sometimes replace his normal ones. In coloration, they're snow white with tints of blue, the membranes remaining solid and curving in outward arcs upon being unfurled. These are what he calls his "monarch wings," for they give him an extra boost if ever so desired, that is if he has a ledge he wants to get up to that is too high up. Vaporwave also has a tendency to wear light blue and yellow striped shirts and red baseball caps turned sideways. It usually leads him to have an awkward expression upon his snout, uncertain of how exactly everyone will react to him. Then again, he usually tries to ignore things like that, but fails horribly. It can be noticed that he has black insect-like eyelashes, these are rather strange looking, but overall are an interesting addition to his appearance.
His scales carry a lukewarm feeling to them and with that carries a scent of fall leaves, autumn rain and pumpkin spice. However, it is unknown how he keeps this scent with him all the time, it just seems to stick to him like glue. Still, not exactly someone you'd see walking down the streets of Sanctuary, he always seems to catch the eyes of everyone, perhaps from his sparkly scales or something else. Vaporwave doesn't have a certain skip to his step, he just walks as is, perhaps quite casual. Even then, whenever he speaks, he doesn't speak with confidence, but still doesn't stutter. Rather, he's loud, probably to grab the attention of everyone around him, or maybe for other reasons. Who really knows, he's a questionable character.
Beautiful, eye catching, fabulous
They don't think much of these words describing themself, not at all. Nor do they really think of these words too much, for they only would use them to describe music or someone else's art. But never in a million years, themself.
Their appearance never really changed, traversing to modern times, although there may be some changes, possibly. Their main scales remain a purplish pink, sparkling in colorful rows, although from their expression, they don't exactly want to make a scene. An embarrassed expression always seems to cross their short snout, usually they're not seen out and about. Nice paint strokes ripple down their scales, coming in many hues of pastel pinks and purples, not just one solid color. Even then, while they may to some appear pretty, they really aren't. Most don't approach them, then again, who would approach a stranger? Besides, they probably wouldn't even be able to keep up a conversation with anyone but their older brother.
Following with are pastel blue boomerang horns, scales on the fronts with a darker hue. Wings sprout from their back and upon the membranes is a splay of colors, swirling with pastel purples and pinks and printed on their wings, pinprick, silvery stars of all shapes and sizes. Each star fails to be left out of their wing pattern, similar to that of a snail's shell. A similar pattern is found of their showy ruff around their ears and while it may not be tucked in neatly, it still remains a sight. Vaporwave's eyes, large and round in size and shape remain sky blue with tints of silver and pastel blues. Thimble spines run down their back, softly curved and changing in regards to coloration. The base coloration running down the crest of their head remains a soft hue of pastel bluish purple-pink with tips of pastel magenta.
This fades out around their ruff into a base coloration of light pastel bluish purple with tips of a light pastel purple. A pastel pinkish purple underbelly flows down their chest, much like their scales, it's soft in shade and nice to look at. The top of their head isn't much different from their other appearances, the main coloration being a deep purple, surrounding their eyes, displaying perfectly their RainWing bloodline. Additionally, the tip of Vaporwave's softly curved snout remains a bluer hue of deep purple whilst the scales running near their horns remain magenta. Flat, deep bluish purple similar in color to the tip of their snout runs down their back in oval shapes, not in one stream, but in multiple pieces.
Build-wise, the hybrid dragonet remains petite, short and rather thin with pillow soft cheeks and short, slightly pointed ears. They don't stand very tall, only about the average size for their age. Common posture for them is slouching, shoulders hunched and head hanging low or eye level to anyone else, they aren't impressive and while possibly eyecatching to the normal eye, Vaporwave fades into the background like any old hybrid. An uncertain look crosses their snout frequently, or a neutral frown and on some occasions, a friendly smile of a humorous friend. Vaporwave's wings remain medium sized but still long in length, followed by talons of a deep purple. However they too remain short and softly curved.
When it comes to clothing, they are varied each time, but three things always remain the same, electric blue catear headphones strap their head followed by a powder blue scarf so long, one would expect them to trip on it. Yet the enigmatic thing about their scarf is that of the ends, which float near the main piece. Complimenting this aurora of blue cloth is a large brown overcoat extending over their naturally light pastel purple socked paws, this also hides both their underbelly and wings as well. Sometimes though, they may wear a wide variety of sweaters, hoodies and short-sleeved shirts followed by complimentary pants with animal designs on them. With this is a horn headband from their favorite game Hollow Knight, this may replace their wireless headphones sometimes.
Even then, a more notable feature if a scar on their right pinky from a knife accident and when they smile, one may see silver braces studding their teeth. Yet no venom-spitting front fangs can be seen, nor anything else possibly interesting about them. However, Vaporwave does have a hot pink tongue, softly rounded instead of forked and to some extent, is quite long. Their scales remain sparkly, with a slightly lustrous, metallic sheen to it, with a smooth touch. Warmth still radiates from their scales, like heat from a SandWing. But still they blend in with the crowd.
"Vaporwave is an interesting hybrid case. With a very selective, but "organized" sense of scales and feathers and fur. Their build and elegance are quite surprising in the case of the often funky looking Night/Rain hybrids.
Unlike most dragons, even NightWings themselves, Vaporwave stands upright. Even those who do stand upright usually have a raptor posture, but they strike a quite elegant balance standing upright, wings splayed for balance. Vaporwave gives off the impression that they're a tall dragonet by doing this, looking down at most other dragons their age when they speak to them, but once they drop down on all fours, it's quick to notice that they're actually quite small.
Another illusion of height and size is their feathers. Vaporwave has a "crown" that puffs up like a, well, crown, and smoothes down like long hair down their neck. There's a similar ruff of feathers on their chest, which they can splay out at will. When not in use, they're often smoothed down quite elegantly in what appears to be a colorful looking tie.
Their wings are like that of their NightWing ancestors, though the talons in place of NightWing's talons are the two fingered claws of a chameleon, or a common RainWing. They're dexterous and Vaporwave can use them to hold things and use tools, it's simply the wings extending from their wrists that would cause them trouble.
Their tail is connected to the webbing of their wings, though overtop this soft skin are even softer feathers, that splay and smooth just as any of the other ones on Vaporwave body.
The majority of Vaporwave scales and fur are quite matte. There's no glimmer or shine to the deep blues to purples and pinks to oranges on their main body. Though, what's really eye catching are the glimmering, sparkling feathers on their chest. A similar shine is apparent in their crown, on their tail feathers, along the ends of their legs and the tips of their talons, but especially on their chest and under their wings." ~ Enigma The Hybrid
Whilst they may appear beautiful, their personality is less so, for Vaporwave is a dragonet full of shame and regret, they may even come off arrogant in their ways. If anything, they are easy to anger, nervous and awkward along with a hint of quirk and spunk, yet still not the best at the whole "loving themself" thing. The hybrid has low self-esteem, it's quite clear when you're around them, often times calling themself a wuss and a failure. With low self-esteem, comes issues, the most common being mood swings and a refusal to recognise anything good about themself, they wish to blend with the crowd, become just another unimportant figure in a sea of millions. Yet they always seem to bounce back from their small and occasional outbursts of intritation, caused from a certain task at hand that they can't figure out or are stuck on. Yet, as mentioned before, they refuse any form of help, despite not being very dependent on their own.
However, this just a few of their flaws, only on bad days or if something happened to upset them that much. For the most part, they're somewhat a nice, considerate dragonet to have around, although most certainly not seen out too often, just cooped up willingly in their house, hiding from society. In public, they awkward and embarrassed, something they usually are if they are to admit something they enjoy. Vaporwave has a certain soft spot for music, something that goes as far as being capable of changing and calming their mood. In short, they don't find themself the greatest dragon, constantly brushing off most compliments as just talk and occasionally spitting out a few rude remarks. As supposed punishment, they are incredibly hard on themself, expecting only the best from themself out of anyone and when they fail at something, they begin to question their intellect. Which to them isn't very high, they may sometimes come off brash, sarcastic and more or less animal-like.
It is known they growl, although this is mostly just a sign of their immaturity and annoyance and for most of the time, they wish to be left alone by everyone, with an exception for their online friends. They've always thought of themself as not good enough or just plain not good at all, perhaps even coming to consider themself defective. Most of the time, Vaporwave remains that of annoying being, changing between being actually annoying and friendly annoying. In themself, they're slow and a bad habit of procrastinating, going to taking from weeks to even months to actually complete certain tasks. The hybrid tends to worry over small things, that said, it's usually what others will think of them while other thoughts are about who and what they are. However, under layers of a pessimistic, cold character comes a softer side to the dragonet, someone who generally wants to make others smile.
"Sometimes, they ponder, do they really exist? Or is the world like a book or game, which is only meant to be played over and over and over again. Vaporwave always wonders,,, tries to break the fourth wall of their existence, to understand the whole picture, but they never do.
No matter how hard they seemingly try, they could never really find out what is beyond to wall of time, endless in its ways. However, whenever these thoughts come into the front of their mind, they feel,,, strange. On few occasions they feel like the only reason they exist is to die again and again and again.
In short, they never really thought that they existed in the first place,,, that the island they were current inhabiting was just an illusion or something. Perhaps just a simulation,,, or like a very realistic video game, sometimes they think to themself, did that really happen? Am I really me? Or is my body and physical feelings just a puppet? And the real me, where my will and spirit are, is the puppetmaster.
Other times, they just sit at the edge of a cliff overlooking the surrounding ocean and think, perhaps I'm just a video game character. Maybe right here, right now, I'm breaking the fourth wall. Maybe someday I'll see my puppetmaster, the puppet will get to meet itself, its maker. How strange does that sound? Maybe we're all just waiting for our screens to say GAME OVER. Maybe then and only then, we get to replay as someone else.
This has nothing to do with their lack of self-worth or their low self-esteem, they're just pondering, they know that all life must accept an end someday, there is no fleeing against death itself, it comes for everyone. But the longer they think about it, the longer Vaporwave begins to realize that everyone here, on Pyrrhia, is here for the same reason. To die."
This side of them doesn't show too often, Vaporwave can be optimistic in the face of some failure, often times saying "don't worry about it, you tried." Following that is a generally somewhat likeable friend who can't help but shower their allies to art of their characters, which usually leads to them feeling a bit better. Yet the best they can do to cheer themselves up is watching their favorite tv series, Steven Universe, something that Vaporwave always watches and it can't seem to help but make them laugh. It would be surprising to know that their self-esteem has improved, being much better than it had been a few years ago. Yet even sarcastic insults, that aren't meant to be taken personally, can strike their heart hard, they've come to realize that everything in those remarks are true and ultimately has a tendency to lower their self-esteem. They see themself as a failure, idiot and wuss, they lack a sense of self-purpose, yet are too afraid to admit any problems to anyone, not wanting them to worry.
Really, Vaporwave is emotionally fragile, something they don't really like about themself, along with a tendency of lying or acting untruthful when it comes to how they're feeling. In their mind, violent and angered thoughts seem to swirl, yet again, they do not let these spill out of themself, for they really try not to hurt anyone's feelings. It's something they have a tendency of doing, along with just plain not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings by voicing their opinions and therefore, they don't voice them at all. Yet in both public and online, they put up a friendly act, although they try their best to be themself, they still shy away from the complete truth. While they may seem likeable, they really aren't, they're just some rude hybrid dragonet with self-esteem issues and no sense of importance and purpose.
Vaporwave is an ambivert, meaning their a mixture of an introvert and extrovert, although they are leaning more to an introverted state of mind, for they tend to only socialize with close friends and their older brother. Other than that, they tend to shy away from conversing with dragons, which doesn't make them very good at starting a conversation in the first place. Usually their topics can be repetitive, since they have no idea what to talk about and sometimes, they're just at a loss for words. As mentioned, they are quite awkward when it comes to socializing with new dragons and sometimes with friends, it's just a bit difficult to find a topic to talk about. But on some occasions, when they can think of a topic to talk about, it's hard to get them to shut up, additionally, they can be loud when it comes to a topic they like, such as Steven Universe.
Occasionally, they enjoy showing others what they have been doing, whether that be artwork that they lately have complied or just plain writing or new characters. With that, they also enjoy showing their mother and sometimes their brother, Steven Universe, although it is not too often, it's better than never. Usually, they fear losing friends due to them saying something wrong, it's the same with awkward introductions. For, when it comes to things like that, they may sometimes have a tendency to come off as over-friendly or hyper, something they usually don't wish to see in themselves. In most conversations, Vaporwave only expects the worst, being rather pessimistic, they always seem to have those tendencies to think negatively and that's the most common state of mind they have. Additionally, they hate both excessive attention and pity (both from self and others). It not only annoys them, but it's just unnecessary through their eyes.
Sometimes their stride gives way to false confidence and perhaps even arrogance, believing they're better than others at a certain subject. Perhaps they're just seeking attention at that point, it is truly unknown. They now understand that they have much to learn from life, which came into view from rereading books and from their friends. Now, just like most dragons of their age, Vaporwave is finding out who they are and what they're planning on doing for a living once they're older. They've always been interested in books, so perhaps something to do with that. It isn't new, the hybrid doesn't fear death, they never really have. In their belief, death is just the end of all things, to go against it is a folly, all things must accept an end. "Death isn't scary." They say, "just imagine life as a trip or vacation, when you die, you go home." See? Now it doesn't seem as some terrifying, black creature waiting, watching.
Once upon a time, there was a dragonet who hated most of dragonkind and themself, but still had a cunning mind filled with violence and anger. But they still had some good in their soul,,, probably. They're always scared that if they showed their true colors to everyone, they'd hate them. So instead, they play friendly and enthusiastic, hiding the real them under blankets and sheets. They are NOT in any way a good character,,, kinda just that side character that everyone forgets halfway through the book. Vaporwave isn't a hero, they aren't brave or a good problem solver or at all gutsy or reckless, they're just a coward. In their younger years, they were a minor bully, picking on one certain dragonet for no reason. They just kinda liked doing it or something like that, not thinking about the consequences of their actions.
Within the years prior, Vaporwave always had a temper, rude remarks and was overall a big jerk to everyone. While remaining a stereotypical little kid, they still had incredibly low self-esteem, thinking themself only as a parasite to their family.
Most of the time, if not always, Vaporwave thinks vigorously back to conversations long ago and what they should've said. This is usually something they do in their spare time, sitting and staring up at the night sky. For the most part, they wish to be accepted by everyone else, yet they still fear they'll say something wrong and mess it up. Or perhaps they're being too dramatic. Detail is everything to them, if anything, they try their best to stuff as much detail as possible into few paragraphs. When it comes to things they don't want to do, they tend to shut down almost completely, letting stress and anger build up inside of them and once in these moods, the hybrid refuses to take breaks, rather they'll just sit and stare at the screen. Perhaps it's a bit childish, perhaps it's even a silent temper tantrum.
"Often times, Vaporwave finds themself pondering if anyone actually likes them and if so, what they really think of them. Because they think of themself as a disgusting, useless failure of a dragon, they're disappointed in themself due to their high standards,,, at least when it comes to things they do. When it comes to friends, Vaporwave finds themself with only two while their older brother probably has four times as many. They've come to believe this is because
- they don't like them and would rather hang out with their awesome brother, Butterscotch, than them.
- or their brother is better than Vaporwave.
They don't even try to get the attention of the others, they don't want it, dragons in general are exhausting to be around, especially their friends. On some occasions, they can be ridiculously quirky (saying partner, howdy and other weird phrases), it could almost be considered immaturity and perhaps it is. Vaporwave has other tendencies to put words into others mouths, make them say things they wouldn't actually say. Kinda rude of them, not going to lie."
It's no secret that the dragonet has a short attention span, especially so when it is something they don't want to do and having said that, they can be incredibly stubborn and in other cases, just plain lazy. Explaining things isn't one of their specialties, nor is giving out advice, for they're equally terrible at both things. Additionally, when it comes to procrastinating, they'll set themself to pointless tasks of organization just to waste their time. However, once finished with one task, they may set themself to another and another. This behavior only sprouts out when they're bored or are in need of something to do. When playing certain games, they tend to form tactics to defeat the enemy, Vaporwave is in some ways clever, often times predicting what the enemy is going to do next and surprisingly, most of these predictions turn out correct. However, if these predictions come off as wrong, they sometimes become surprised (this can be either good or bad). This mixes with their confidence and spunk, if they are to fail the first time, they try again until the task is completed.
They've lately been working on empathy, putting on someone else's shoes and walking in them, yet they still take a lot of liberties and it is for one a major work in progress. Not only do they remain sarcastic and rude, but also mischievous and smug, which follows through in why they don't believe they're any good. They have too many bad personality traits to be considered good. In most collaborative situations, Vaporwave considers themself to be the least helpful, in other words, useless. Really, the best they can do is either being there as a distraction or as emotional support, but honestly, they have no other use. Rather, they'd just leave instead of weighing the rest of the team down. The hybrid dragonet can't even imagine themself leading a team, there are too many conflicts, having no confidence in themself, literally anyone could be and do better. Vaporwave has a certain forgetful nature, often times they forget things for 5 minutes ago yet remember things from way back, years ago.
Vaporwave seems to have competitive and comparing behavior, as mentioned above, they don't think they're good enough to do good in life. However, they're usually referring to writing and art, they compare themselves to a lot of other dragons, considering them vastly superior to themself and that they'll never measure up to them. They're just, always terrible at writing and art, believing that it's not something you learn by practice, but via natural talent.
Overall, the dragonet isn't the best example of a "good person." No. They just aren't.
- color changing: minor scale color changing, colors can shift ever so slightly, changing from one appearance to the next. this isn't powered by sunlight, which makes them unlike any rainwing. they just sorta change whenever they feel like it or on command. this is a reason behind them having multiple appearances, for their scales seem to shift between these two appearances. vaporwave never seems to appear the same upon two encounters for they seem to easily and quickly shift between the two.
- creativity / imagination: you can tell from this page how creative they are. creativity is something in their nature, although they never seem to admit that they have too many good ideas. sometimes, it just depends on their motivation and other times, it just comes to them. mostly it has some inspiration off of some sort of tv show, game or book, but sometimes an inspiration may just come from a simple daydream. when a good idea comes into their mind, they'll build off of it until they have with a fully cooked or half-baked idea / concept. imagination also tends to just come to their mind at any certain point in time, usually it's thoughts of art, of their characters in a certain pose with incredible backgrounds. yet they never seem capable of drawing these ideas, so they just leave them inside to rot.
- drawing capabilities: look at gallery. you'll see how good they are at drawing.
- semi-quick typer: idk how fast i can type, but it's pretty fast. this is both a pro and con, for vaporwave can type surprisingly fast, one may even consider them fast on their talons when typing. this is what they enjoy as a writer, being able to type up their ideas quickly and with little hesitation. however, due to how fast they are typing, they usually make a few mistakes, whether that be in their grammar or in their spelling, they're bound to make at least one.
- memory: ??? for gravity falls.
- patient: patience is a virtue.
- clever: it is something they're prone to doing when playing certain video games, however it is mostly used in team battles and hollow knight. having said that, they can quickly brew up tactics that they'll use to defeat the enemy and in some cases, they'll even try to predict what the enemy's next move will be. usually these tactics improve their confidence in themself, for they usually lead them to victory. however on some occasions in which some of their predictions are wrong, they may come out surprised (in either a good way or bad way depending on the circumstances). this is only used in games, not anywhere else.
- spunk: they sometimes show a certain determination to reach their goals. this is usually set for hollow knight, in which they encourage themself to try again. more or less, they'll keep at it until they complete their goal and then they move to the next. this helps them with completing goals in their games, however once faced with multiple goals, vaporwave has a tendency to switch between them from time to time. weighing out which one is harder to do and then completing the easier one. even then, they still try their best to complete everything that they had in mind of doing.
- magic pencil: mixes in with their drawing capabilities and imagination. it's powered by creativity and has a special abilities to breathe life into their drawings. while it may appear a normal pencil to the eye, there is only one of it in the world. with this pencil, vaporwave, the prophesied savior of the colorless future, will find success in their future. usually, the hybrid dragonet uses this pencil to make functioning bridges and various other things. with the use of their eraser, they can, of course, erase anything they drew with it.
- empathy / sympathy: it's a work in progress. they usually do it for insects and animals. but sometimes it's for other dragons. mostly the ones they care deeply for. vaporwave imagines what it's like to be them and really tries to understand them but they can't seem to get their mind entirely around it.
- detail-oriented: when writing.
- finds joy in lots of things: they find most things enjoyable and with that, they always stick to watching / reading or seeing those things when they're down. it really helps improve their mood, these joys are usually hollow knight, wandersong, steven universe, gravity falls and just spending time with their brother and / or family. sometimes though. other times, they just plain enjoy doodling things or playing video games as something they enjoy.
- poor self-esteem: of course, there is no secret of this, they have quite low self-esteem that compliments perfectly with everything below. they seem to find themself more or less a wuss in whom never really thinks of themself as someone important. having said that, they don't respect themself as much as anyone else and even then, they're not very respectful to their peers or, sometimes, their parents. but they're open to improvement, they just wish they knew how to change.
- self-loathing: a big one here. they tend to throw themself under the bus, putting others before them. while they may not be able to say it directly to someone else, they would admit that... they're not that good of a dragon as others may see them as. and their unencouraging thoughts don't help the cause, this self-loathing, while kept mostly inside, is seen when greatly irritated.
- lacks self-worth: they may sometimes admit it, but they think they're useless. they believe themself as good-for-nothing and additionally, a bad collaborator and leader. they don't think they're good enough to be great and therefore, they find themself worthless and finds it hard to see anything that they could actually admit they're good at.
- compares themself to others: most of the time.
- hard on themself: text
- pessimistic: another big one.
- minor perfectionist: text.
- minorly untruthful: this is usually in the cas of not wanting to hurt other's feelings, which had made vaporwave become somewhat untruthful. having said that, when it comes to something they don't really like, they simply explain that they like it. perhaps they do it enough so that one won't believe them if they give out a legitimate compliment. which is usually why they don't talk about it too much, just another excuse to hate them. since who wants to talk to a two-faced liar.
- immature: yeah, they can be as mature as a two-year-old sometimes. growls a lot when things don't go entirely their way, then again, sometimes they don't even care. usually, they're as mature as they want to be, but they don't really act entirely like a stereotypical little kid. this may sometimes make them impossible to work with and in most cases, they're infuriating. vaporwave can be pushed into this phase when put under enough irritation and / or pressure.
- flightless: dreams of flight, however.
- minor arachnophobia: small one. slowly fading away.
- reclusive: keeps most things to themself. bottles up emotions inside.
- occasional delayed reaction time: mmmmm. bad when playing hollow knight.
- sees things that aren't there: this one is annoying.
- easy to anger sometimes: the title explains it all. but when online, they don't bring this with them. this is a big issue of theirs, along with anger is impatience and a hint of immaturity, usually when annoyed they growl a lot. unfortunately, this mixes in with their spunk to complete goals, having said that, they don't take breaks and if told to step away from the situation, they refuse. vaporwave has their talon on the trigger when playing difficult sections of a certain game, hollow knight.
- procrastination: always.
- stubborn: always.
- short-attention span: text.
- mood swings: moderately annoying.
- lazy: very much so.
- hard time saying no: when it comes to requests from others, they always can't help but say yes, even if they want to say no. that is due to the fact they are afraid of hurting their feelings and ultimately having them hate them, something they most certainly don't want to have happen to themself. this sometimes ties in with their untruthfulness tendencies, for they can't help but not want to hurt anyone's feelings. it's just in their nature and saying no to some things like requests is something they believe they'll be judged on.
- careless w/ self: doesn't care about themself too much, although they do have some self-care in regards to personal hygiene, everything else,,,, not so much.
- was hatched to euphoria, a former marine biologist and tulip, who decided to reside on a peaceful island, which was the homeplace of euphoria's parents
- vapor lived a normal life with their parents on an island in the bay of a thousand scales,,, like a really big island, with a few others, they made a little village there
- life was cool and all, but it was kinda boring, the same routine over and over again, he had so much free time, he just wandered around the island, looking for adventure
- one day, when he was wandering around near the outskirts of the forest encircling the island, he met a group of strange-looking dragons,,, turns out they're time traveling pirates from the future
- said they had come to the past to find "the one," who was apparently the one to bring back the colors taken from pyrrhia by some evil dragon,,, one who mastered the arts of magic color
NOTE: Please refrain from putting ocs in here, due to being my sona, feel free to add your own sona (or alt) in here if we've had a good conversation with one another, that way I have gathered thoughts on what to feel about you. I have my right to decline if they don't fill out the requirements, of course, your sona has to live on Pyrrhia, they have to be your sona and we must have a long conversation or your sona is well developed enough for me to gather feelings from them.
awesome steven universe friend??? YES! one of their many awesome friends, likes coding for her and making arts! the hybrid is cool and they like her ideas for characters. hopes to keep up their relationship because she's a nice friend to talk to. thinks her art is cute and her ideas creative. will most likely scream steven universe with her. enjoys her company and finds her additionally humorous, a 1000 / 10 friend right here.
What is this? An awesome friend? Well, of course! There is no one better in this entire world than Cupid, that's a fact and nothing can change that. They love their wiki sister and are incredibly comfortable talking to her and therefore enjoy her company and friendship. Having said that, Vapor finds her incredibly funny and amazing to talk with, they both seem to be victims of the same common interests. For, they both want to take a stand to protect animals in some way or another. Who would've known that it all started out with Cupid welcoming them to the wiki and then their relation blew through the clouds after that. If anything, they enjoy talking to her and find her ideas for characters and art mind blowing and incredibly inspiring for them.
With their relationship, comes art, something Vapor likes doing for her once in awhile, as though talking isn't enough for them. Although, the hybrids first thoughts on her now are if they can keep up this relationship, they just hope they won't disappoint her as of now. Then again, they don't wander upon this thought too much, already enjoying talking with her. To full extent, Vapor loves their wiki sister a lot and would be willing to help her in any way they can. As pointed out, this is a very positive relation and they'd like to keep it that way and as far as they're concerned, Cupid is their bff.
doesn't really know her too well since they only talked a little bit, but overall they liked her, they still don't know how to feel about her, however.
they're cool! he loves chatting with them, although it has been awhile. they rlly like their art and hope to be able to draw like them someday in the future. finds their ideas quite creative and interesting along with their coding abilities. he just wishes they'd update their pages a bit more often,,, in some cases, finds them quite relatable and in some cases, just plain humorous.
cool man, they enjoy their company and find them relatable in a few ways. likes that they're interested in hollow knight too because then they can talk about it a lot. however, they haven't had too much interaction with one another, but they do respect them and do enjoy their company. hopefully they'll keep up this relationship with pizza.
that one dragon in whom vapor would call their second or third bff. they find her incredibly talented in the art department and love chatting with her about hollow knight. she's the other hollow knight pal that they consider a friend of. also oneshot pal. finds her additionally hilarious and amazing company, here and there, they help her with adding detail to her characters and that's been fun too. likes drawing her characters and finds all of them exceedingly creative and cool to look at. 1000/10.
they just aren't quite certain about one thing,,,, if she truly considers them her friend,,, he just wishes he knew and the thought of not being her friend worries them.
They compliment each other, like creamer to coffee, not only are they birth twins, but fairly good friends. Vapor loves talking with this tribrid and equally adores her well-developed characters and coding, they wish to become like her, code like her in the future and they're really working on that. Who would've thought this friendship started after giving her a piece of art and welcoming her to the wiki. Things went uphill after that and they have been friends ever since that day, or at least they think they have. Whilst keenly interested in learning more about her and gaining a closer relationship with her, they must say she's been a role model for them. For the most part, they find her a gifted writer and definitely an interesting one nevertheless, they've come to look up to her a little bit and overall just hope they'll stay friends for a long time.
birth twin. loves hanging with her and finds her awesome and a gifted writer, wishes to write like her one of these days. they always love her characters and spends hours looking at them, listening to the theme songs and the characters in general. wants to get to know her better so they can hang out some more, they like her taste in music too and have found common interests that way! they both like thefatrat and vapor would love to chat with her about it a bit more. mind is also blown by her coding and honestly, they see her as a bit of a role model, they want to become like her, for right now, they'll watch her develop her characters and see if they can do the same.
a cool artist that they've just recently met and honestly,,, they like this dragon, she's nice and in some cases quite humorous. although they don't know much about her or where this relation is taking them, vapor hopes to become closer friends with this cool seawing in the future. perhaps share come creative ideas now and then. they know for certain that they adore this dragon's art, it's just so pleasing to the eye, they hope to concoct something like that too someday.
Although their relationship with one another is quite neutral, it seems to be positive so far and they hope to keep it that way. Vaporwave is intrigued by this dragon, for her ideas of characters are creative and her coding is nicely complied. Matching the theme of each of her characters like creamer to coffee. They have yet to create a full opinion on her, but overall, she seems like a nice dragon to be around, always creating a positive influence on the wiki. Some point in time, they wish to chat with this SandWing a bit more, just to get to know her and get better acquainted. Until then, however, the hybrid dragonet await their next encounter and see how it goes from there.
They've come to appreciate this dragon and while their relationship with one another is neutral, it is quite positive, Vaporwave has formed the opinion that this dragon is a cool person. They totally want to get to know her better.
- LOVES popping bubble wrap for some reason, he just likes the satisfying noise it makes
- Is obsessed with Hollow Knight (if you couldn't already tell by the pictures put on my wall), so he wears a hornband to crossplay as the ghost
- Really likes dark colors, preferably blacks and greys, but also loves a mixture of colorful pastel blues and pinkish purples
- Yells when stressed or pressured (or if being talked to by a NPC in one of his games)
- Likes throwing rocks into water, finds it quite fun to do, likes watching the ripples upon the water's surface
- Is a proud member of Hufflepuff, but is more a Huffletherin (Hufflepuff and Slytherin)
- Likes talking to himself, or to his computer, mainly because they're the things that won't talk back to him
- Leans towards other females, although hasn't found any he's taken a liking to, he'll ponder about these thoughts in the further future
- Right taloned, can use both talons, but is really sloppy with his left
- Is a fast typer, he can confirm that, gets writer's block somewhat easily after typing for too long
- Has arachnophobia (fear of spiders) and probably a few other phobias too
- Also likes talking and yelling at inanimate objects (or NPCs in video games), it's mainly yelling at NPCs, commenting on what they say or, when he's watching a video, on what the person says in that said video
- Likes some games he's never even played before (coughcoughNightintheWoodsandotherstuffcoughcough), he hopes to play them all in the future!
- Good singer, although he always doubts his abilities, doesn't sing out loud that much because his brother always yells at him for doing so
- Likes singing the lyrics to songs he likes, if of course they have lyrics at all, most of the songs he likes do though
- Obsessed with art and writing, although is convinced he'll never be good at those things, no matter how hard he tries, he thinks only about the negative
- Can get easily distracted on other things, has the attention span of a headless scavenger
- Claims he's somewhat deaf, honestly doesn't have that good hearing
- Tries to make dramatic entrances sometimes but really can't
- Literally owns seven pets, six cats and one dog,,, used have two guinea pigs and a hamster too
- what he considers amusing is,,, questionable
- Bright lights sometimes makes him sneeze, like the sun,,,
- Actually somewhat likes getting scared, it's kind of fun, doesn't scream, he flinches, except for the fact he doesn't purposefully watch horror gameplays for the scares, it's for amusement, well they used to do it anyway
- Somewhat has a fear of heights and gets stuck in trees easily, that's why he doesn't like climbing trees but that doesn't stop him from climbing on other stuff
- Major and hardcore nightowl, had once almost stayed up all night
- he used to be an early bird when he was younger though
- Thinks he may become a Game or Book Theorist as a future career, although he's still putting some consideration in what he wants to be, most of the time, his mind comes back to bookstores and being a librarian
- loves positive numbers and will stop at nothing to make sure everything is positive. only under certain circumstances is it alright for something to be negative.
- if they're a multiple of five, it's alright,,, because he likes multiples of five a lot
- or, if they're something like 55 or 77,,, that is fine too
- But is also thinking of becoming a helper at a bookstore or something like that, he isn't entirely sure
- Sucks but can play the piano, isn't that interested in learning how to play it well though
- Has braces and they're terrible, keep cutting into the inside of his mouth and it hurts, makes talking and eating a lot less fun
- the best friend of niko. or maybe it's the other way around.
- Can't whistle or snap, it's too hard for him, so he gave up trying to do it
- Somewhat sensitive to light, likes the dark because he's more nocturnal,,, and yet has trouble sleeping so he's usually always tired
- Sometimes a picky eater
- Deathly afraid of saying the wrong thing or someone getting the wrong idea, leading to getting in trouble
- Isn't totally vegan, makes some exceptions for meat products
- Interestingly, Vaporwave prefers he / him pronouns over she / her, even then, he likes demiboy pronouns, they / him, mainly because it just makes him feel good and warm on the inside, these are my prefered pronouns as well
- Probably socially awkward, since conversations are hard to both start and end, they just get so awkward so fast
- will eat a spoonful of peanut butter when he's either bored or hungry and doesn't feel like eating anything else
- Among her favorite shows are Coco and Coraline for some reason, I just really enjoy watching them, of course there is also The Little Prince which I love very much
- Theme song has changed about 3 or 4 times while her appearance has been revamped about 1 or 2 times
- Doesn't really like eggs, hates them raw, but likes them in things like soups and stuff like that, a reason he doesn't really like french toast that much
- Hates the strong smell of lavender, it's both overwhelming and just not his favored smell
- however he likes the smells of orange / tangerine, vanilla and ocean breeze
- Doesn't really have a constant art style and draws to music almost always, it gives him better inspiration when he does and it calms him down after a long day
- It took me so long to find my true theme song :o
- one of the few dragons who actually likes math, i mean, he's not obsessed with math to the point of being a nerd, but he does like it to the point it's not a bad class
- Is actually the second hybrid I made on the wiki who's still living and was originally my alt sona before Lionheart until she died and became Astro, she is possibly the second oldest character I'd ever made on the wiki
- Feels he's not speaking up for himself a lot of times, probably because he fears he'll lose friends due to that
- Actually is pretty good at voicing his opinions on something with himself, but never really tells anyone else fearing it'll hurt their feelings
- Doesn't like that many mary / gary sues that much, he just finds them kinda annoying and overwhelming, but some are okay since they're cool and stuff
- Likes really strange music that some might not even call "music" but just a bunch of random noises being played to a beat which I guess is music
- Preferably, he likes music from video games, with a huge liking towards Hollow Knight, Wandersong, Deltarune and Undertale themes
- Sometimes I'm tempted to do the exact opposite of what something in a game tells me to do, perhaps it's for amusement, or something like that, I dunno
- It feels really strange to have deleted the first character I've ever made on the wiki, although I still have the second, which is Vaporwave, but it still feels really strange
- I can read backwards fluently, yet I can't really speak backwards that easily, is now learning dragon script too
- Loves making little snacks for his family, a main ingredients being cinnamon and crackers, enjoys making new things to try
- grows too attached to pinatas once they get them, honestly.
- once they wanted one for their birthday, but they really liked the design and overall shape so they refused to use it as a pinata. their parents got them another one and they yet again refused to have either of them used for their party.
- there's a lot of things vaporwave is annoyed by but just never admits
- Youtube and My Little Pony is my childhood, but now doesn't watch them as much anymore
- Where's motivation when you need it?
- will take anything they find interesting off the road, like pencils and money.
- has a lot of stuffed animals, but never plays with them anymore. now they're kinda just a collector's item
- Is given a mini ice cream sandwich,,, takes 5 minutes to eat it
- Speaks in all lowercase, it's much easier and quicker to type stuff that way
- Really, really, REALLY wants to see more of MudWings and hopes they get developed more, honestly wants to see more MudWing sonas too, I mean,,, he kinda likes the tribe they're really cool and hopes they'll get more attention in the future
- Originally, Vaporwave had one design, straight pastel blue horns and ruff with stars speckling it along with poisonous purple mainscales and a fading tail, however after seeing the interesting designs in marbles and enigma's artwork, I decided to give him a combination of the two
- His name actually comes from the title of artwork called "Vaporwaves" that I saw on the wiki and, thinking the name was cool, decided to give this name to my (alt sona at the time) sona the name Vaporwave
- likes stormy nights and finds it enjoyable to listen to the sound of rain falling, would also consider winter better than summer and nighttime better than daytime
- goes to an online school,,, finds that he doesn't have that many irl friends,,, in fact, he doesn't believe he has any
All art is listed according to who made it, if they aren't labeled with someone's name, they are mine, please don't use any art without permission from the artist and me, thank you!click to view the artist!