|"Well, of course I’m not the same shade of purple all the time. That would be boring."|
Note: Although Morpho’s purple and gold appearance is her most iconic appearance, feel free to experiment around with her colors while drawing her - she is a RainWing, and likes to change color.
Morpho is a tall, somewhat plump RainWing. She likes to change her scale color, but most often, she is purple with a gold underbelly and gold wings. Her eyes are always dark green, and she cannot change the color of them. The insides of her ears are usually some shade of pink. Her horns are usually dark gray. Her snout is elegant, and her cheeks are somewhat chubby.
She has silver NightWing wing stars under her wings, which is the only physical trait she has from her NightWing ancestor along with her dewclaws (the little claws on the back of her talons) being farther down on her legs. She also has silver NightWing stars on her ruff. Her ruff itself is a bit larger than an average RainWing’s, especially when compared to her rather smallish ears. She has a single silver star freckle on her left cheek, which isn't always visible depending on the lighting. Even when her mouth is closed, Morpho's fangs sometimes stick out a tiny bit.
She has several different pieces of jewelry that she wears on different occasions, most of them with gemstones on them. She always has a sack that she wears on her shoulder that she carries several scrolls in, some blank, some written or drawn in by her, and some written or drawn in by others. She carries these in case she has an idea that she wants to write or draw, or if she needs to access information. She also carries several pencils in her sack, both colored and not.
Morpho often will change her colors and patterns if she’s in a new location to fit with the feeling and aesthetic of the place. This isn’t because she wants to fit in with society, but rather so she can really feel at home there and enjoy being there. One of her favorite patterns to change to is those matching the sunset, if there is a sunset that she can see at the moment. When Morpho is brainstorming something creative, spots of many different colors will drift across her scales.
Modern Morpho looks pretty much the same as her canon counterpart except for a few details. She typically wears a fandom T-shirt (almost always Puddle Universe), and shorts, sweats, or pants depending on how cold the day is. Like her canon counterpart, she will often wear some jewelry. She doesn't have any piercings. Morpho is usually seen carrying around an iPad.
Enigma’s Alternate Design
This is what Morpho looks like in Enigma’s headcanon AU. ALL OF THE SECTION UNDER THIS HEADER WAS WRITTEN BY ENIGMA. FULL CREDIT GOES TO THEM.
Morpho is a RainWing with the same traits as an average RainWing (ex: feathery ruff, chameleon tail, chameleon toes) though her distant hybridization causes traits similar to that of her NightWing ancestors.
Morpho's horns, rather than being made of cartalidge and scales, (which means they're bendy and less likely to harm the RainWing in the case of fall) is made of bone, pointed with a similar nature of a NightWing. Her spine is also tipped with fur, ending a short while down her tail, rather than the bumpy scale spines of an average RainWing.
Her feathery ruff is softer and fluffier than most average feathery ruffs, maybe in part due to her ancestors, but also it captures the gleam of her golden colors of choice perfectly in the light.
Her wings mark resemblance to a blue morpho butterfly, in which the inside of her wings (the bottom, because she's still a dragon) are golden and reflective, tipped with black/dark purple patterns on the ends. The outside of her wings (the tops) have the same similar pattern of a morpho butterfly, with patterns in dark purples. The "eyes" of these patterns, however, are accented with the same golden color, to a much less glaring degree.
Morpho is a RainWing, which means her scales typically shift to her emotions, quickly and easily. Going "invisible" (camoflauging) is taxing and tiring for RainWings, especially completely or for long periods of time. Though, because of her recent non-RainWing in the family, especially a NightWing, she has a much easier time choosing her own colors, and going invisible would not be too difficult for her, as long as she can keep the sections of her body that are typically very glittery out of the light.
|"I am not a squamate, thank you very much."|
When she was just a girl she expected the world
But it flew away from her reach and the bullets catch in her teeth
Life goes on, it gets so heavy
The wheel breaks the butterfly, every tear a waterfall
In the night the stormy night she'll close her eyes
In the night the stormy night away she'd fly
(ugh I need to revamp this)
Morpho is mostly a pretty sweet dragon. She is kind to those she likes, and makes friends easily.
She is very creative, and loves to write stories and draw. Her head is often in the clouds and she can drift off into her own world easily.
She hates hurting any living creature unless they are attacking her or her friends. She is ambiverted, sometimes feeling introverted and sometimes being extroverted and sometimes a mix of both.
She is passionate and has a pretty big temper, but she tries her best to stay calm. However, her emotions still oftentimes get the best of her. She can be anxious sometimes, as well as angry, and often lets her anxiety get the best of her.
She is also pretty intelligent, and has a sense of humor. She is a complete nerd about minerals, gemstones, and crystals, and geeks out whenever she hears about them or sees one.
|"I think ‘creepy’ and ‘interesting’ are my favorite words."|
And dream of para-para-paradise
She'd dream of para-para-paradise
Morpho has the typical RainWing powers of spitting venom and camouflaging/changing color. Changing color takes a millisecond longer than it does for pureblood RainWings, but it isn’t at all noticable unless you’re specifically looking for it. She cannot change the color of the stars on her wings and ruff. She prefers not to spit venom unless she has to,
Morpho also a very mild form of NightWing powers in that she has intuitive feelings about things sometimes. She will sometimes say things that sort of predict the future or read someone’s mind, but are vague and she doesn’t know she’s doing it until it’s pointed out. For example, Morpho could say “Haha, I hope there aren’t any sharks here,” and a shark fin pokes out of the water a second later. Another example is Morpho could say “Do you want a mango?” to somebody who was, unbeknownst to her, craving mangoes. This does not always happen, though.
Morpho cannot breathe fire at all.
Out of Universe
- "Paradise" was chosen as her theme song because Morpho has a big imagination, which she tends to retreat into when things become bad. However, most of her life has been pretty great.
- Morpho’s design didn’t used to include the stars on her ruff, but some people drew her ruff with stars, and I liked the design feature, so I added it to her canon design.
- Morpho is named after the blue morpho butterfly. In turn, the word "morpho" means "changed" or "modified," which is ironic, considering that Morpho's appearance has barely been modified at all since I first created her.
- Morpho absolutely despises the thought of eating an egg. They gross her out because they smell bad, they're slimy, they come out of the wrong end of a chicken...and so many more reasons. She feels righted when she finds other egg-haters.
- Morpho denies it when anybody asks her if she's secretly a SilkWing or Spyro the Dragon (whoever that is). I mean, really, why would she be anyone else than who she is?
- Morpho’s scales take a little bit longer to change color than a normal RainWing’s, but it’s not very noticeable unless you’re looking for it.
- Morpho changes color quite a lot, and finds it fun. In her "default" purple and gold appearance that she wears the majority of the time, she is not always the same shade of purple, and she sometimes adds hints of other colors in her scales, such as green on her tail or blue on her talons. So, basically, feel free to vary her colors when drawing her and add extra details.
- Morpho has two adorable pet scavengers, a brother and sister named Floofy and Curly.
- Because of her NightWing blood, Morpho usually stays up very late at night reading scrolls (books and e-readers in the modern universe). Despite being a RainWing, she finds it very hard to take naps in the middle of the day.
- Morpho is obsessed with a scroll series (modern universe: TV show) called Puddle Universe, which is about a race of dragon-like aliens called GemWings and a young MudWing/GemWing named Puddle.
- When Morpho changes color due to her emotions, the colors and patterns usually appear on her chest first and spread out from there. This isn't always the case, though.
Canon Universe Only
- Morpho eats meat along with fruit and vegetables, like many RainWings have started doing in the Morphoverse. However, she is quite picky about it, and refuses to eat anything raw or alive or with a face on it, only eating cooked meat that isn't a full animal.
Modern Universe Only
- Morpho never really got into watching YouTube videos; it just doesn’t really appeal to her (although some are good), and she is afraid that she’ll accidentally stumble across something inappropriate or scary.
|"Mutt? What are you, a dog?"|
This could be para-para-paradise
This could be para-para-paradise
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
|"All |good bad things start with Pink Diamond."
No one can ever find out we did this. I never want to look back. So, for my last order to you as Spyro the SilkWing, please, let's never speak of this again. No one can know....